Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Salvation from the fiery lake



Maybe by creating me God made His first mistake,
Coz I’ve failed the test of life after countless retakes,
I doubt in His image my life He spake,
Coz the mirror reflects the opposite each morning I awake,

Like Eve I’m tempted to blame it all on the snake,
But I was alone when I baked the sin and ate of its cake,
God’s will my mind knows but my body forsakes,
So it’s entirely my fault that my tummy now aches,

So the punishment fits the crime coz His Law I chose to break,
The sentence is life in hell in the eternal fiery lake,
But I cannot fully pay for my sin even with the blankest cheque,
Coz even at death the punishment I cannot shake,

So in my hopelessness Christ chose to reach out for my sake,
When His life He gave up for mine on a painful stake,
With love and the promise of this shattered pot to remake,
He scraped the stain of my sin with His eternal rake,

He gave me a new name so my past ID is now a fake,
His image not mine on the new ID photo I had to retake,
His Kingdom not mine a new citizenship I take,
He continues to save the drowning from the fiery lake!



No comments:

Post a Comment