Wednesday, December 21, 2011

End of My Story


“Thus says the Lord”, to me was empty theory
“To live for myself is gain”, was my philosophy
Entangled in sin, my life sold to spiritual slavery
So eternity in hell, with the wicked I would bury

But while I was yet a sinner, Christ rewrote my story
When God became man, to hang on a cross at Calvary
For my sin He paid in full, in Him I found victory
Christ not a tale, but Author of redemptive history

His image in me restored, His blood the refinery
A new nature in Christ, revealing His master pottery
For me “to live is Christ”, I now change my theology
Revealed in His word, so you don’t need a day in seminary

One day the saints, to heaven He will carry
His bride to be, the Church He will marry
Blessed is he, who will share in His glory
I now look forward, to the end of my story

Do not be fooled, because Christ seems to tarry
You may be counting years, but He resides in eternity
Soon He returns to judge, and head the grand jury
Will He award you eternal life, or death in His fury?

No comments:

Post a Comment